Tuesday, November 3, 2009

CNA course completed

Just to update everyone who is not on Facebook, I have completed the Certified Nursing Assistant course. Stringent course of 4 weeks 8 hours a day. We covered two chapters a day and tested the next day. My average for the course was 97.7, I felt pretty good with the score. I did however kick myself when some of my test scores were not 100. I felt they were dumb mistakes. My final I passed with a 100% and I also passed the skills portion. I have mailed off for my state testing. As soon as they let me know, I will be taking the state test at the same school. This should be within 2 weeks. So I have time to study and practice my skills.

With this behind me I feel I have opened up the job market for myself. I hope to possibly get on with the hospital or a rehab center.

3 comments:

EZ Travel said...

Cheryl, this is very smart. People are not going to stop getting sick just because of a recession.

We have an accelerated Nursing program here at IUSB and it is experiencing record enrollment because people are trying to realign their careers.

Good luck on the state testing and then the real test: the job market! Unfortunately, for that one you can't really study and you have to rely on other people to recognize your skills. My fingers are crossed for you.

Tarren Prange said...

There are a lot of job possibilities for you in this field. I think it was a smart move on your part, and I wish you the best of luck!

Marcel said...

Congratulations on such high scores, it pays to study.