Monday, June 18, 2007

geraniums Continued from Mom

The geraniums continue to survive.

I have picked, plucked and watered Mom's geraniums as she is out of town attending to another family member requiring aid.

When Mom and Dad bought this place in Georgia, the statement was how wonderful it would be not to have to tend to the yard work..... apparently potted plants are different, however they are still like having a pet, when you go out of town......you have to get a sitter.

So I am doing my share and bringing in the mail and watering plants, so far.... they live......

1 comment:

Marcel said...

Ah yes, the potted plants, they creep into our life like Kudzu. I am not a fan but understand the desire to have some. That is, I understand the desire and not, I desire. As long as someone else has to take care of them I am touched by the beauty. If I have to take care of them the gaze is not on the beauty but on how some of the leaves are brown, or that blossom did not develop properly. Does it need water? Does it need fertilizer? Does it need talking to? So, if I have to do the work the appreciation of nature is diminished and it is now a job. It is not a job from which I derive pleasure.

Thanks for taking care of your Mother's flowers.