Monday, March 17, 2008

Projects

Yes, as my mother always says, we work in the projects. Tim is usually working on wood craft projects or some kind of computer project. They are exciting to see the progress. Mom's latest project was the valance that everyone had a hand in. Due to the latest addition to our family (Jillian), I felt I needed to do a special project. Special request coming from her father. So here is the project I had been working on for a couple days prior to my trip to California and the second picture is the project I did for Jillian for Easter.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Those are gorgeous. With the windy weather we've been having out here, they will come in very handy.

Tim B. said...

Wow, those are REALLY nice!

Now I'm going to say what people say to me. You should go into a business making and selling those.

Now you say "No...I don't think so."

Anonymous said...

Adorable. I just want to know one thing. Did you do this while sitting in a rocking chair?

Kim

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are amazing! I'm just learning to read patterns and I was all impressed with myself b/c I learned to make little flowers. You're good!!
Love,
Tracy C.

cheryl said...

Thank you to all who appreciate hand crafted items. As Tim says "no I will not be making them for money" They are too time consuming. The little white and lavender one, took me about total 12 hours. The other one with the cap, took about 24 to 36 hours. Of course now that I know the pattern, I could do the little white one in about 8 hours.

Kim, no, I had no rocking chair. I didn't even have the glasses........Just the grey hair.

Tracy C. I don't believe I have seen any flowers done, maybe you could show me next time we get together.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Cheryl, Here is the link I told you about yesterday.
http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/
Once you're on the main page there is a link in the middle that says something like Free Crochet Pattern Directory. Click on that.
I hope you like it!

Tim B. said...

My former mother-in-law used to whip out things like these in a few hours. But then, she didn't have much of a life outside of knitting.