Thursday, December 7, 2006

Christmas Cookies

The other day Mom and I were makeing Christmas Cookies. She wanted to take some to Tim. I understand his favorites are the Peanut Blossoms and Snickerdoodles. He does like others, however Mom decided to make these two for him. I was there to help. If you are a cookie lover and a cookie maker, you know that you cannot substitute any of the fattening products for the non fat type of products. We tried! We tried to substitute no fat peanut butter and low fat ....something else........in the mix of the Peanut Blossoms. The cookies are supposed to look like cute little beige buttons with a chocolate kiss in the center. Looks like a puffy little cream colored hat with a brown pointed top......... Well.......... when you try to make them ........ok......healthy cookies..... they come out ...well..........looking like they were made for......... Holloween....... They look like little witches hats. The brim section is not button puffy..... it is very flat! Then the chocolate kiss added to it.......makes it look just like the witches hat. They still tasted good, actually Danny prefered these to the puffy ones. Puffy is a little crunchy and the flat was chewy.

Conclusion:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A NON FATTENING COOKIE.

5 comments:

Monica said...

Any Christmas cookies sounds good to me. I'm not a cookie maker, Debbie does that for my family. I do hams (Thanks Pat), and beans, which I'm going to make here and take to Kim's for Dec. 24 Christmas celebration. Then I'll stay the week (Kim has the week off from work), we can shop and shop and return (if necessary), and after we celebrate Austin's 5th birthday on Jan 2, I will come home on Jan 3. Looking forward to a very good Christmas with my family, then a fun week with Kim.

Sean M. said...

Mmm... Peanut blossoms are my favorites too! I think we've had that same experience with trying to improve the nutritional value of the cookies. I seem to recall that at one point we used organic peanut butter (mom just wanted to try it) and they turned out the same way you mentioned. They were still good, but i prefer the puffy ones.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting some cookies of my own once I get home. And maybe we'll get to try some of your cookies when we visit y'all in Atlanta later this month. I can't remember exactly when that will be, but I seem to recall that it will be sometime after Christmas. Keep up the good cookin'!

Sean M. said...

By the way, I was checking out the links you put to other blogs, and some of them don't work. I think you accidently put the "at" sign instead of a period in the web addresses of some of the links.

cheryl said...

Thanks for the @ comment Sean. I am still in the process of changing this Blog page to get it the way I would like it to look. I added those yesterday and I appreciate your finding my error. I need to adjust the size of the picture if you have any tips on that.
As for seeing you guys at the end of the month, we are all looking forward to having you guys visit again.

Sean M. said...

The best way to resize a picture would be to go to a free site like flikr.com. They resize your picture and create a unique URL that you can use in your profile. After they resize it, right click on the picture and select properties. Where it says "file name" highlight and copy, so you will have that URL for later. Then go to "edit profile" and insert the saved URL into the picture section. Save your changes and republish your blog, and the new, resized picture will be there. I know it sounds complicated, but it really isn't! Let me know if you have any problems, as I have quite a bit of experience with pictures on here.